Sunday, November 14, 2010

Living it ...

Full day yesterday! Baking in the morning, Teacher Training all day, Veg. Club meeting and potluck in the evening. All of the things I did yesterday were things that are fulfilling and important in my life. Each day, I consciously put forth effort into making choices that support the idea of who I want to be - a positive, human being working toward a peace-filled world. Do I accomplish this everyday? I do not, but I do the best I can to be present and self-aware, and to learn something each day; mindless living holds no joy for me and I want to be happy.

So, I began at 5 AM (I love early morning!) baking this amazing Sweet Potato Pie (recipe from, 1000 Vegan Recipes, by Robin Robertson); it was yummy! Then Teacher Training at the Indiana studio - awesome!

This year's Trainees (eleven of them!) are enthusiastic, open, intelligent, and filled with joy! They are totally present and really excited to learn and grow through yogic living. Lots of practice teaching yesterday - standing poses to build a solid foundation. We will be at Frankfort Avenue today and Marie will be there to introduce and teach Kundalini Yoga.

Following TT, we went to Carrie's house for the Louisville Vegetarian Club's meeting and vegan potluck - so good. Wow, vegan food is really delicious; we had chili, lasagna, quinoa, bread, spinach-artichoke dip, veggie burgers, etc. (the pie was a hit) - so much wonderful food prepared with love and positive energy. I am already looking forward to this Friday's, Thanks"living" vegan potluck at the studio!

I have an immense amount of gratitude that I have the opportunity, each day, to work toward creating positive change in the world. Additionally, I am blessed and filled with gratitude that I am surrounded by others who are working toward making a positive change in the world. We cannot do this alone; and I don't want to.
Hello Sunday!!
Namaste ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment