Monday, February 27, 2012

I feel devoted, rather than committed to this practice.

Kirtan … bhakti yoga … kirtan … bhakti yoga … kirtan … bhakti yoga …

My intention is to write what I feel following a kirtan session – I feel light, airy , uplifted, softened … I feel a desire to begin singing again and again, and I am hearing the mantras in my head, as though they are surrounding me with love and drawing me in.
I hear Jai’s voice, beckoning … Jaya Jaya Ram, Bolo Jaya Jaya Ram … Sri Ram Jaya Ram, Jai, Jai, Jaya Ram!Kirtan is so unlike any other yoga practice, yet it is familiar, as all yoga practice. It creates a feeling of desire to experience it again, and again, and again.  
I feel devoted rather than committed, to this practice. Kirtan is joy. I cannot think of a better definition.
I feel joy, love, and intense gratitude for all that is yoga - living it, learning it, breathing it, and for Eternal Health Yoga, our special sacred place in which to practice; I am grateful for the devoted students who have created this loving community, and for the amazing teachers who share so much of their time and energy and support, without whom there could never be Eternal Health Yoga! I feel love, joy, and gratitude for the continuous flow of growth and healing that takes place here. I am grateful and filled with joy for my health and that of my family members and friends. I am grateful for my teachers from whom I have learned so much! For Jai Uttal and Nubia, Doug and Anna, Wah!, Sharon and David – I am grateful for Kirtan! I am grateful for having found Bhakti Yoga!

I am grateful for being filled with love, and for the opportunities to share Yoga, Kirtan, and Bhakti with others. I am humbled and so grateful to be here at this time in this place with these beings; and for the awareness that there is something special about being human, with all of our flaws and imperfections,

I am grateful for the wonder that I still feel each day when I step into the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment