Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Holiday peace requires work; and it is so worth it!

It is the holiday season and I strive to maintain balance. Morning runs, asana practice, pranayama, meditation. I nourish the body with wholesome, vegan food that is mindfully prepared with love. Friends visit. We talk and laugh, we share stories and memories and make plans for the new year; it is good.

What brings you joy during the holiday season? I cherish the simple things that create holiday contentment at home, like stringing popcorn for the tree, making mince pies, sitting by the fire drinking hot chocolate or warm spiced rum, watching holiday movies that I practically know by heart. I love fresh ground, brewed coffee on Christmas morning, listening to Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis, and Bing Crosby sing carols. I love knowing that my family and friends are happy and healthy, and nearby.

The magic of the holidays doesn't happen accidentally; we create the reality that we desire. I want to enjoy this time of year with those I love. I choose to maintain calmness and peace. Therefore, I do the run, I do the practice, and move through my days with kind thoughts toward others with the intention of manifesting love through all actions. And guess what? It is totally worth it : )

No comments:

Post a Comment